This free RS Visiting Teaching Printable is perfect for March’s lesson – call on your creativity with a small DIY project and you’ll have customized prints for your sisters in less than 30 minutes.
The Visiting Teaching Message for March 2017 is The Enabling Power of Jesus Christ and His Atonement. The quote I picked for this month came from one of talks that was cited in the message by Elder David A. Bednar entitled Strength Beyond Our Own. I’ve always thought of Christ’s Atonement as something that fixes wrongs and makes improvements on the things it touches. It does do that, but after reading Elder Bednar’s talk it was obvious to me that Christ’s Atonement is not only to perfect but to empower. And to truly empower, Christ makes us whole and then “lives in us” and makes us more than we are capable of being on our own. Our part is to do the work to live worthy, so that Christ can live in us, so the Atonement requires our effort along with submitting our will to Him.
The FREE black and white file can be downloaded below and makes for a quick and easy print that you can add a little color to yourself (whip out those markers, colored pencils, watercolors, etc) or simply provide the print with a set of colored pencils or crayons to the sisters you visit and let them DIY the quote themselves. Coloring is a great stress reliever and I’ve found that as I DIY the prints for my sisters each month, I have a few minutes to ponder the message or think about my sisters and get inspired for the visit.
The color file is great for those months where time is short (and for those that want a custom print but don’t love the DIY aspect). If you’d like the color file, you can get it (and monthly prints for a year) by joining the Visiting Teaching Printables Club.
- Join the Visiting Teaching Printables Club (you’ll receive an email straight to your inbox every month that includes the color and black and white files as well as access to a bunch of printables that will make your visiting teaching calling a breeze – read more about it here)
A few other ideas for these darling printables:
- use them for a RS activity night. Let the sisters color the prints themselves at the activity.
- drop off a black and white copy with a small box of colored pencils for your visiting teaching sisters – coloring is quite popular as a de-stresser activity.
- use them as RS birthday gifts. If you’re looking for an inexpensive and meaningful birthday gift for your sisters – this could be it!
- print one off for yourself if you’re looking for a cute & simple craft for yourself or as part of a night with your girlfriends.
Download the March Black & White Visiting Teaching Printable
*Once you click the download button you’ll be taken to a confirmation screen that will have a link to your free file.
The printable’s finished size is 5″ x 7″ and prints 2 two a page so you’ll only have to print a sheet or two and then take just a moment to trim the edges. You get to add whatever colors you’d like – I dusted off my watercolor set and got to work. Tip: Even your child’s water set will do. To create shading, simply watercolor the images and let them dry. Then pat the excess water off your brush before loading it with paint – then create your accents toward the centers of the leaves and let dry again.
I’d love to see how your quote printables turn out! Snap a picture and share them on Instagram!
@pricklypeardesign or #visitingteachingpricklypear