The Visiting Teaching Message for December 2016 is Family Joy is Found in Righteousness. As I read through the message this month I was moved by the number of times joy and happiness were brought up in this short message. This focus couldn’t be better placed than at this time of year as we celebrate the birth of our Savior and focus on the true joy we receive fromHis message.
The quote that stood out to me is the promise given by Elder Richard G. Scott:
I bear testimony that living an obedient life firmly rooted in the gospel of Jesus Christ, provides the greatest assurance for peace and refuge in our homes. There will still be plenty of challenges or heartaches, but even in the midst of turmoil, we can enjoy inner peace and profound happiness.
You’ll notice that there are 2 prints shown above – the only difference is that one is color and the other comes as a black and white file. I’ve found that many don’t have color printers at home, but I didn’t want you to miss out on the printable fun, or add an extra step to getting your visiting teaching done for the month.
The FREE black and white file can be downloaded below and makes for a quick and easy print that you can add a little color to yourself (whip out those markers, colored pencils, watercolors, etc) or simply provide the print with a set of colored pencils or crayons to the sisters you visit and let them DIY the quote themselves. Coloring is a great stress reliever and I’ve found that as I DIY the prints for my sisters each month, I have a few minutes to ponder the message or think about my sisters and get inspired for the visit.
The color file is great for those months where time is short (and for those that want a custom print but don’t love the DIY aspect). I’ve had quite a few requests for these prints to come in color as well as larger sizes so that they can be used as home decor pieces – I often switch out my gallery wall images and have been using these to add a spiritual focus to our home decor. If you’d like the color files there are 2 ways to get it.
- Purchase the print in my shop – it includes the 5×7 as well as an 8×10 jpg file that can also be printed as a 16×20 at your favorite photo lab.
- Join the Visiting Teaching Printables Club (you’ll receive an email straight to your inbox every month that includes the color and black and white files as well as access to a bunch of printables that will make your visiting teaching calling a breeze – read more about it here)
A few other ideas for these darling printables:
- use them for a RS activity night. Let the sisters color the prints themselves at the activity.
- drop off a black and white copy with a small box of colored pencils for your visiting teaching sisters – coloring is quite popular as a de-stresser activity.
- use them as RS birthday gifts. If you’re looking for an inexpensive and meaningful birthday gift for your sisters – this could be it!
- print one off for yourself if you’re looking for a cute & simple craft for yourself or as part of a night with your girlfriends.
Download the December 2016 Black & White Visiting Teaching Printable
*Once you click the download button you’ll be taken to a confirmation screen that will have a link to your free file.
The printable’s finished size is 5″ x 7″ and prints 2 two a page so you’ll only have to print a sheet or two and then take just a moment to trim the edges. You get to add whatever colors you’d like – I dusted off my watercolor set and got to work. Tip: Even your child’s water set will do. To create shading, simply watercolor the images and let them dry. Then pat the excess water off your brush before loading it with paint – then create your accents toward the centers of the leaves and let dry again.
I’d love to see how your quote printables turn out! Snap a picture and share them on Instagram!
@pricklypeardesign or #visitingteachingpricklypear