Not too long ago I was chatting on the phone with my older sister – she’s a Young Women President in her ward and I love hearing all the fun things that they’re doing. In passing, she commented that she needed a quick fix flier for their ward fireside coming up…and why couldn’t they find something that was just – simple and put together.
I don’t know about you, but even though I love creating, sometimes I just really need something well thought out, cute and basically all done for me. That way I can focus on the other stuff for the activity – refreshments, scheduling the building, getting prayers, an focusing on those coming to the even rather than the nitty gritty details. Do you ever feel this way?
Well if you have, you’re in luck. I decided to create something cute and useful – something that you might need in a pinch that will make the activity all the better, but that doesn’t take a ton of time to put together. An editable PDF is by no means new, you’ve probably filled out a form or two like this before – but I promise, the end product will be much cuter, and you can easily be done with this project in 10 minutes or less.
Here’s what you’ll need to get it done:
- The editable PDF file of the Fireside template
- Event details you want to put in the file
- A computer
- Adobe Reader (which you may already have, or can download here for free)
Once you’ve installed and/or opened Adobe Reader, follow these simple steps:
- Open the editable PDF file (File>Open).
- Click on the text file you want to customize.
- Type in your info. Note: The font, size color and orientation are all pre-selected for you and cannot be changed. That’s what makes this so simple!
- Click on remaining text fields and complete filling in your details.
- Save your file (File>Save). Then you can print to a copy shop or a color home printer of your choice and you’re good to go.
These invites are 5×7 in size – if you’re looking to save some money on printing, simply save the PDF. Then do the following.
1.Open a Word document in landscape format.
2. Drag or place the PDF file into your blank document. (Make sure to leave 1/4″ around the edges so your printer will print the entire image. You can trim down to the final size later.)
3. Repeat step 2 and align the image on the blank side of the document.
4. You’re ready to print on your home color printer, or save your document and send to your favorite copy shop.
Want the editable fireside template & a stash of other great YW printables FOR FREE? Join Young Women Rockstar.