If you want to be able to curve text in your next design project in Canva – look no further. Try your hand at curving text in Canva with this sample logo project.
There are so many great features to Canva – it’s the perfect graphic design software for newbie designers or those that don’t want to pay a steep price point or learn an in-depth program. With that said, sometimes it’s hard to find the tools you’re looking for.
For those of you looking to curve text for your next graphic design project – I’ve got you covered. Canva offers this option for text in their Effects panel.
Why You May Want to Curve Text in Canva
New designers often aren’t sure how or why they’d use certain design features. But curving text can come in handy in so many ways – here’s a short list for ways to used curve text in your next Canva design.
- curve text for logos – like the sample project show in the tutorial video
- curve text comes in handy for things like address stamps or labels
- use curved text in circular designs – like circular social media profile images (think Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- need to make promotional materials – plenty of them are round… like drink coasters, key chains, campaign buttons, stickers, etc.
- curving text for headlines in brochures, advertisements and other marketing pieces gives visual interest… and that’s always a good thing!
How to Curve Text in Canva
You watched the video, and now you’re curving text for your project but something isn’t working. I get it. No one wants to spend the time clicking through a video to find that “one part”. Below you’ll find the written instructions for how to curve text in Canva.
- Add text to your art board in Canva.
- With the text you want to manipulate selected, click on EFFECTS at the top of the screen.
- On the left hand pop up screen, select the CURVE option under SHAPE.
- Adjust the curve of your text using the slider – that’s it!