If you love conversation hearts & Southern sayings, then you’re going to love this Heart Attacking Template with a Southern style twist!
It didn’t take us long after moving to Southeast Texas to learn that the lingo was one of the many parts we’d love about the South. There’s something about how they say things that cuts straight to the point but still adds a unique flair.
I love the South, the kind people, the beautiful landscapes, and the way of life – there really isn’t much I didn’t like – except maybe the bugs and the humidity. That said, when I saw this article in Southern Living it didn’t take me long to find a way to put it to use!
What you need for a southern style heart attacking
I wrote that headline and had to laugh – the answer is not fried food. Although that would surely get you there. We’re talking a Valentine heart attacking – with paper hearts. So tell someone they’re special this Valentine’s Day with this Southern Styled Conversation Heart printable. Here’s what you’ll need:
- download the zip file below (there’s a black and white version you can print on colored paper AND a colored file like the hearts pictured above)
- access to a printer or send the file to your favorite copy shop
- colored paper (I bought mine at Walmart) – you’ll want to pull a few sheets of each color to print on so you have a variety of colored hearts
- painter’s tape (Heaven help us if we pull the paint off of a wall or door!)
- an episode of Home Town (who doesn’t love this awesome duo on HGTV?)
I think my favorite hearts may be Luv U Like All Get Out and Sparkin’ but honestly, they’re all great! What other Southern phrases would you add to the list?