Looking for a great way to welcome the incoming Young Women into your group? This customizable card is simple and fun!
I work with the Young Women group at my church and absolutely love it. I especially love the beginning of a new year because we get to welcome the incoming girls from Primary – they’re always a little shy but so excited at the same time to be part of the group.
The Welcome To Young Women Card Plan
Last year, I created these custom cards with 2 activities we were having in December. The girls in our YW wrote welcome notes inside during a few minutes of our class time and then we made sure to be over in the hallway during the change over between Junior and Senior Primary. We quietly lined the halls, gave them their card and a small treat, and waved/smiled excitedly as they entered Senior Primary.
With current circumstances, lining the church halls is going to be a little difficult but we’re still inviting our cute newbies to 2 virtual parties and dropping their card and a prize into their mailbox instead!
Putting Together Your Welcome to Young Women Card
To put together your Welcome to Young Women Card you’ll need a few things:
- white cardstock
- access to the FREE Canva template (fill out the box below)
- dates/times/activity details to fill out the customizable spots of the cards
- colored markers & cute Young Women to write notes inside
- some fun treat to pair with the card
Once you’ve filled out the form above you’ll be taken to a screen that gives you access to the template. If you don’t already have a Canva account you can create one for free with just a few steps.
Customizing Your Welcome to Young Women Card
When you open the Canva template you’ll find 2 main areas to add your customizations. Simply click on the circled portion below and highlight the existing text and then add in your own. The line circled below will be the name of your ward’s Young Women group.
Then you’ll find a bunch of text boxes on the next page that you can add in your own details. Feel free to change fonts, delete lines or customize in whatever way you need.
You’ll notice at the bottom of the image above there is a page 3 – this is the master of what the inside looks like. I always find myself making dozens of changes and then wishing that I had a fresh template still… well, now you’ve got it!
If you’re not wanting the customized insides… that’s fine too! Just print the outside portion and you’ve got plenty of space for notes inside!
How to Print Your Cards
When you’re ready to print your file here’s what you’ll do:
- Go to the top right corner and click Download.
- You’ll select a PDF and type in the pages you want (just your first 2 pages, not the master inside template that’s page 3).
- Open the file once it’s downloaded to your computer to be sure everything looks right.
- Then send your files to a local copy shop or print them off on your own home color printer. Fold cards and grab a stack of pens or markers to write your notes.
- Now all you need is a chance for your awesome YW to write notes inside!